Friday 11 January 2013

January..

First of all, Happy Belated New Year, I know its coming up to a month since I last posted so I thought it to get back into the swing of things with my blog as things have started to slow down.. 

Its been all go at work really, as you can imagine, its the school holidays here, the middle of the summer so the hotel is packed to capacity therefore I am on as many hours as possible and its a similar story for Tom aswell, but as I said its started to slow down a little now and we did our first official touristy trip since we've been here! 
Although, forgetting briefly it was the summer holidays was a slight downfall of ours as we arrived at the Gold Coasts Wet n' Wild World, one of the countries best water parks! 
After getting over the large number of children the parks rides certainly didn't disappoint! :) 


This one was my favourite, the tornado, which drops you whilst in a rubber ring into this cone where your spinning around! 




There is then the aqua loop, which doesn't too scary, but I'm sad to say that I was to scared to go on this one so tom had to go alone... it involves climbing into a plastic cage at the top where your standing on a platform and this comes from under you and your dropped straight down with a jet pack on your pack!! Toms favourite ride tough... 

These were the two amongst many other rides, including a lazy river and wave pool... 

Tom and I have now managed to get our shifts in sync which is good, so our days off are both on the Mondays and Tuesdays and they have now been dedicated to fulfilling our touristy trips on the Gold Coast -- this coming Monday is Tom's decision to go to a sushi train, as he has now developed a taste for sushi!! 
We also may go jetboating, like I did in New Zealand with mum and the others, lets see how it compare!! :) 
For those of you who don't know what it is I'll explain when we've done it. 

Anyways, I'm hoping to keep up the blog more regularly now that christmas is over.. hope everyone is doing well in the New Year and keeping up those new years resolutions!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment