Friday 25 January 2013


Tom and I haven’t really been able to get up to much as we’ve been working a lot, especially Tom working hard for a promotion he’s been offered!
However, I thought I haven’t really been telling anyone what I’ve been doing work wise since I’ve been here and most of you know working here was a big reason that we came.

So, I’ve been working at the Marriott as a Guest Service Agent, whilst I am still occasionally waitressing like I was in Cheltenham it has given me a lot of opportunities to experience a variety of sectors that go into running such a large hotel.
 So far I have worked in room service which let up for a number of strange experiences as I think it does in any hotel as many of you have heard of my room service stories from back in Cheltenham...one in particular since I’ve been here involves a rather large gentleman who ordered some food to his room, as I entered he proceeded to blame me for being unable to fit into the standard hotel robe! To say the least I was rather baffled as what to answer the gentleman...
I am now focusing on human resources, which is of great interest to me as it is a sector I would like to potentially work in in the future. I will also be working in front desk, events and sales and marketing, all of which I hope will offer a variety of experiences to me. 

After all my hard work Tom treated me to my favourite... lots and lots of sweets. 


Other than our work we have been spending a lot of time down by our pool, keeping up our tan’s up :)  




-- however, over the last few days we’ve have had a cyclone approaching us so a lot of of heavy rain has been upon us.. but it somewhat reminds us of home so its no too bad! 




I hope all is well and there isn't too much snow for all of you!! 
Lots of Love, Tom and Bea 






No comments:

Post a Comment