Saturday 10 November 2012

Its been a hectic few days, even though I haven't started working full time yet! 

I've been shown around the hotel and have actually been put into an office/reception for the time being whilst I get used to the speed of the hotel which is drastically different to the that of the Queens hotel in Cheltenham. 

I've really only been working around 4 hours a day, giving Tom and I the chance to get used to our surroundings. We've been to surfers paradise centre where Tom's pretty much handed his CV into every place, we've also been to three apartment viewings, finding one that is perfect for us! 10 minutes walk away from where I work and about the same time to get to the centre of surfers paradise, which is perfect from Tom and the places he's applied. 
Although, we have been busy getting ourselves I can't say we have been able to resist the lure of the golden sands and crystal clear water. However, there was a slight shock to the system as contrary to the seas in Asia that I'm used to the waves are slightly rougher to say the least! In fact, they are that strong that I got taken out as soon a met the first wave I was taken out and as soon as I attempted to get myself back on my feet I was taken out again.. much to Tom's amusement I must say! 

After those few days, yesterday and today have been constant rain..so don't feel too bad back in the UK! We still get rain here... although slightly warmer than the offerings back in england. 

Sorry that the posts aren't as elaborate ad I'd like and nowhere near as consistent. However, once we're properly settled and have some form of routine I'm sure they will be a lot more regular! 

Lots of love Bea and Tom! x x x 






No comments:

Post a Comment